The first phase of the NHS Covid-19 vaccination programme has started. Please don’t call us, we will call you when its your turn to be vaccinated. Find out more about the roll out at: NHS Covid Vaccine.
Following the NHS England guidelines we will be inviting patients to our Covid Vaccination clinics via Priority Risk Group.
Vaccination clinic appointment information.
The clinic will be at Morton GP Surgery, 29 Langrigg Road, CA2 6DT (marked in the red box). This is on Bus Route 61.
If you are arriving by car, please take into consideration that there may be some congestion, especially around school times 9am and 3pm. The Royal Scot (marked in the yellow box) across the road from the surgery have allowed us to use their car park and there is a small car park attached to the surgery.
You will need to attend on the given date and EXACTLY 3 weeks later, this will be booked in at the same time as your initial appointment.
Please attend as close to your appointment time as possible.
Carers will not be able to accompany you into the building, we will have staff available to assist you.
You will need to stay in the surgery for 15 minutes after the vaccine has been given, the clinic is setup for social distancing.
- It is NOT a live vaccine so it cannot give you coronavirus.
- Have you ever had an allergic reaction that required hospital assistance or do you carry an Epipen? If YES, you cannot have the vaccine at this time.
- Have you had a positive coronavirus test? If YES, you must wait 4 weeks before receiving the vaccine.
- You cannot have the vaccination if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. If you have the vaccine you cannot get pregnant for 2 months after.
- Are you participating in a COVID-19 Trial – If YES you cannot have the vaccine at this time.
- Common Side Effects: Tender Arm / Headache / General Aches – These may last for 2 – 3 days
- It takes a few weeks to build up protection – you need to continue to observe the recommended precautions even although you have had the vaccine.
- You will only get some protection from the first vaccine, the second one is needed for better protection.
- If you are unwell at the time of your 2nd vaccine, please contact the surgery and we will advise.
- What to expect after your COVID-19 Vaccination- Covid-19 Vaccine Leaflet